- Provides up to 4-hour fire protection in construction joints per ASTM E1966 (UL 2079) and CAN/ULC-S115; up to 3-hour fire protection in perimeter joints per ASTM E2307 and CAN/ULC-S115 at the maximum extended joint width.
- Can be installed in temperatures as low as -18°C (0°F) and as high as 49°C (120°F)
- Broad temperature range when applying
- Meets UL Water Leakage Test, W-Rating— Class One requirements for systems tested and listed in accordance with ANSI/UL 1479, and and CAN/ULC-S115
- Acts as an immediate barrier to water leakage
- Up to 2-hour fire protection in through-penetration applications per ASTM E814 (UL 1479) and CAN/ULC-S115
3M™ Fire and Water Barrier Tape is an elastomeric fire, water, smoke and sound tape. When installed properly it can act as a barrier to water leakage and airborne sound transmission, while helping to control the transmission of fire, heat and smoke.
- Fire protection in construction and perimeter joints, and through-penetration applications
- Meets UL Water Leakage Test, W Rating — Class 1
requirement; tested and immediately passed ASTM D 6904 Rain Resistance Test