Help prevent surgical site infection with 3M Skin Preparation Products.
Surgical site infections (SSIs) are a major burden on healthcare systems, providers and patients.1 The commitment to increase patient safety and reduce the risk of infections is offered through 3M Skin Preparation Products.
Advantages of 3M™ SoluPrep™ Brand
The first skin antiseptic authorized for professional healthcare use.2,3
Patient safety and the manufacture of high quality and safe products are a priority for 3M.4
Used by healthcare professionals over 1 billion times.5
The Canadian market leader6 and available in a range of formats and formulations.
3M Canada has developed state-of-the-art, validated analytical methods that are used for all antiseptic product testing.4
Demonstrated efficacy (in vitro).3
Safety studies showed no irritation or sensitization when applied as directed.7
Microbial testing and quality assurance exceed regulatory requirements.4,8,9
1. Canadian Patient Safety Institute. (2016, February). Canadian Surgical Site Infection Prevention Audit Month - February 2016 - Recap Report. Retrieved March 9, 2020 from https://www.patientsafetyinstitute.ca/ en/toolsResources/Documents/SSI%20Audit%202016_Recap%20Report%20EN.pdf
2. As of January 1, 2019, in the Health Canada Drug Product Database, 2020/03.
3. Health Canada Guidance Document: Human-Use Antiseptic Drugs, Ottawa, 2009/11/27.
4. 3M Canada White Paper: Quality of 3M Canada Skin Antiseptic Drug Products 1805-11949 E, 2018.
5,6. Based on 3M™ SoluPrep™ Brand sales data.
7. 3M internal data on file.
8. Health Products and Food Branch Inspectorate. Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) Guidelines — 2009 Ed. Version 2 (GUI-0001), March 4, 2011.
9. USP <111> Microbiological Examination of Nonsterile Products: Acceptance Criteria for Pharmaceutical Use.