3M™ Curos™ Disinfecting Port Protector Products are intended for use on swabbable luer-access valves (needleless connectors) to disinfect and act as a physical barrier to prevent contamination.
The passive disinfection of 3M™ Curos™ Disinfecting Port Protectors relies on a 3-minute alcohol bath and 70% IPA to achieve high levels of disinfection efficacy. The cap can act as a physical barrier to contamination for up to 7 days if not removed.
1. Peel foil tab or strip from the 3M™ Curos™ Disinfectant Port Protector cap.
2. Once foil is removed, push and twist onto the end of the needleless connector.
3. It must remain on the needleless connector for a minimum of three (3) minutes and may remain on for seven (7) days (168 hours) or the duration of the intended use if not removed.
4. A new port protector should be placed on the needleless connector after each use.
5. Discard the 3M™ Curos™ Disinfectant Port Protector after use.
Independent Laboratory Data. The effectiveness of 3M™ Curos™ Disinfectant Port Protectors was tested in vitro against 6 common organisms and was found to have >99.99 reduction in organisms (>4 log).
Data reflects in vitro findings relevant to 3M™ Curos™ Disinfecting Caps*.
Conclusion: All test samples exceeded the minimum 4-log reduction after three minutes.
Get a summary of peer-reviewed articles and hospital studies on 3M™ Curos™ Disinfectant Port Protectors. Download the 3M Clinical Evidence Summary now.
If you are a health care professional and would like to speak with a 3M representative about the 3M™ Curos™ Disinfecting Port Protectors, fill in the form below.