Inspect facepiece, filters and/or cartridges prior to use. Any damaged or defective parts must be replaced prior to use. In addition:
- Ensure faceseal and cartridge/filter connection seal area are not distorted
- Make sure straps are intact and have good elasticity
- Ensure inhalation/exhalation valves lay flat against valve seat
- Ensure speaking diaphragm (SD) seal is in place, the SD film is intact, and the SD is securely inserted in the facepiece
- Ensure filters/cartridges are securely attached to facepiece prior to use and the cartridge/filter release button is in the latched position
Cleaning is recommended after each use.
- Remove filters and/or cartridges
- Remove additional facepiece components for cleaning, as needed
- Clean facepiece with a 3M™ Respirator Cleaning Wipe, 504 (as an interim cleaning method) or by immersing in warm cleaning solution, up to 49ºC (120ºF), and scrub with soft brush or cloth until clean– add neutral detergent if necessary
- Ensure the cartridge/filter connection area is free of debris.
Use a cloth or soft brush to reach this area and/or move facepiece back
and forth quickly while it is immersed in cleaning solution
- Rinse in fresh, warm water
- Air dry in a non-contaminated atmosphere You can also use a respirator washer to clean the facepiece.
- Water temperature should not exceed 49ºC (120ºF)
- Air dry in a non-contaminated atmosphere
Need help choosing the right personal protective equipment for your application?
Thank you! Your request was submitted successfully. A representative will contact you shortly.