Wearing your 3M™ Secure Click™ Half Facepiece Reusable Respirator, HF-800 Series
1. Adjust head cradle, as needed, to fit comfortably on your head. Place the respirator over your mouth and nose, then pull the head harness over the crown of your head.
2. Grasp the straps, place them at the back of your neck and hook them together.
3. Pull the ends of the head cradle straps to adjust tightness.
4. Pull the ends of neck straps to adjust tightness. Neck strap tension may be decreased by pushing out on back side of the buckles. Straps should feel secure but not over-tight.
5. You can decrease the head harness strap tension by squeezing the buckle tabs on the harness. Straps should feel secure but not over-tight.
Perform a User Seal Check (Can be used with particulate filters or cartridges)
Positive Pressure Seal Check: Cover the opening of the exhalation valve cover with your hand and exhale gently. If the facepiece bulges slightly and no air leaks are detected between the face and facepiece, you have a proper seal.
Negative Pressure Seal Check: Lightly press the seal check button until you feel resistance. Hold the button in this position and inhale gently. If you feel the facepiece collapse slightly and pull closer to your face with no leaks between the face and facepiece, you have a proper seal.
If you detect faceseal air leakage, reposition the respirator on your face and/or readjust tension of the straps to eliminate air leakage. Repeat the user seal check until you have a proper seal.
Need help choosing the right personal protective equipment for your application?
Thank you! Your request was submitted successfully. A representative will contact you shortly.